Thursday, September 18, 2008

Motivation......what's ushing you?

You either workout religiously, workout every now and then, or never set foot in a gym. What do you think motivates people to want to workout?

5 comments:

Hoff said...

i meant what is pushing you....

way to check your spelling errors jen hoffman.

Please excuse my stupidity.

SJ said...

I think it depends on what you’re working out for. If you are an athlete I think that you are motivated by wanting to improve your performance while playing. If you are working out to stay in shape, I think it depends on what goals you have set up for yourself, are you trying to loose weight, are you trying to build muscle, are you just wanting some cardio work. I think there are tons of factors that come into play. Me personally I think you must have some type of internal motivation to achieve anything; if you are waiting on someone else to motivate you then you may be waiting for awhile.

Coach G said...

I feel that it's my competitive drive that pushes me to lift weights on a regular basis. Having a sence of urgency along with a competitive drive is what keeps me going day in and day out. The reason I compete in Olympic Weightlifting is to make it to U.S. Nationals every year and work to improve in hopes of someday making the U.S International Team.

Suz41 said...

I definitely thinks its the intrinsic motivation (I know big word) that pushes people to work out. For me. . .I work out here and there, but I've found in the past that once I take a few days off, it turns into weeks, months, and it just snowballs from there. I find more and more that if I want to teach students about a healthy lifestyle, I better start living it myself. Most often I do, and then I find myself in that "I'm stressed out, have too much to do, too much due, I'll eat anything, and forget about working out" rut. So again what's "ushing" me is myself with a lil' bit of influence from the outside.

Paul Schwab said...

I believe it's whatever is in you to workout. When I was training for the decathlon it was so easy to motivate myself because I had a goal I was striving for. Since my track career has been over though I have had to find my own drive and motivation. What pushes me is my to stay in shape and I have learned to love to workout through track. I won't lie it is a lot