Since most of the people checking this blog are PE teachers, what way do you find your students retain and learn the information the best? Visual? Hands on? I'm interested in seeing if it is wide spread and different for ages, genders etc.
I teach elementary physical education and I found that they learn the best when I demonstrate a skills or when I have one of the students demonstrate a skill or activity. So, I would say that they are visual learners. I also teach 11th grade health and the majority of the students that I have are more hands on learners. They enjoy and learn more when we perform differnt activities in class that simulate what we are talking about.
Is it the same every year for those ages? Or does it very year to year? I just wonder if a majority of 11th graders are more ahnds on or if it is just that group of kids.
I try to cover all learning styles so that each student is targeted to learn. I think you can't go wrong if you incorporate all. I've even explained during a lesson how it applies to each learning style so they understand their own. This was a big focus of our district two years ago and I find it just depends on the individual and that is always a variety for us. I mostly have 7th & 8th grade students, but sometimes I get juniors and seniors.
3 comments:
I teach elementary physical education and I found that they learn the best when I demonstrate a skills or when I have one of the students demonstrate a skill or activity. So, I would say that they are visual learners. I also teach 11th grade health and the majority of the students that I have are more hands on learners. They enjoy and learn more when we perform differnt activities in class that simulate what we are talking about.
Is it the same every year for those ages? Or does it very year to year? I just wonder if a majority of 11th graders are more ahnds on or if it is just that group of kids.
I try to cover all learning styles so that each student is targeted to learn. I think you can't go wrong if you incorporate all. I've even explained during a lesson how it applies to each learning style so they understand their own. This was a big focus of our district two years ago and I find it just depends on the individual and that is always a variety for us. I mostly have 7th & 8th grade students, but sometimes I get juniors and seniors.
Post a Comment