Friday, October 24, 2008

speed/explosion

I know some of you are football coaches and some are track coaches. I was wondering what lifting and conditioing you have for your athletes. I am trying to get faster and more explosive. I have agility and foot speed for days, but I want to be redic fast. A 4.8 40 isn't good enough, I'd love to drop my 40 time along with getting stronger. If you have any knowledge, it would be EXTREMELY helpful, thank you!

3 comments:

Patrick D said...

When I want to improve power, speed, and explosive movements I add dynamic warm-ups, plyometric exercises with med balls and kettle balls, and olympic lifts. I have a great site with a list and video of some of these exercises you can perform

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/PowerExercises.html

Michael Kristufek blog said...

plyometrics, and things like the clean jerk and lifts like that, that involve more than one muscle

Hoff said...

Hey thanks for the website!! I really appreciate it. Do you have any specific workouts that you feel you get the most out of?