Thursday, October 2, 2008
Quick question/thought
For my practicum, I will be putting together a skills camp based around football for girls ages 1-8 grade. Eventually, I would like to run a yearly camp as well as speak to young girls in the local schools through the Passion. My question for the P.E. teachers is the demand fo this camp. If I were to do this camp, how many kid's do you know would be interested?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think you will get a couple a kids from each school. When I was younger I had two girls on my little league football team. I think they would have like to play more if there were women leagues or someone to promote womens football. They were pretty good but as you know usually as you get older the game get more physical and their bodies could not handle the hits anymore. I think this would be a good idea if you could get some people to attend.
During my Punt, Pass, and Kick, I had about 15 girls participate. If it were actually playing in a game of flag football, I'm sure those numbers would be far less. I do know, however; that there would be about 3-5 girls that would be interested in my school, whether they would participate is another question. I think your idea is awesome. If you came to talk to the kids first, I'm sure you'd see an increase in interest, as many kids don't even know that there is a women's football league.
Our school (Ellwood City) creates powder puff teams every year for 9-12. The girls absolutely love it!! I think you could get a few from our school. I talked to one of the PE teachers who coaches and said it would be great for you to come talk with them like you mentioned about doing. The girls have a game this Wednesday and are so excited to play.
thanks for your comments! They were extremely helpful! I was thinking to speak with the kids before doing the camp, than handing out flyers for the camp after. That way they can see we are legit and what we are about.
Post a Comment